In 1999, he founded the online literary magazine, The Danforth Review, which he continues to curate.
From 2009-2015, he blogged book reviews and such at The Underground Book Club.
He lives in Toronto, Canada.
His wife, Kate O’Rourke, passed away from breast cancer in May 2012.
Email = mbryson1968 at gmail dot com
Honours & awards:
The story “Six Million Million Miles” appeared in 05: Best Canadian Stories (Oberon, 2005). Other stories won first prize in the Qwerty short fiction contest (2004) and the Word Literary Calendar short fiction contest (2001).
Publicity interviews/profiles of me:
- June 2010. One question interview. BoydBlog.
- April 2010. On The Danforth profile. Centennial College Book & Magazine Publishing Program.
- March 2010. University of Waterloo alumni profile.
- December 23, 2009. Lemon Hound. Interview on reviewing.
- November 26, 2009. OpenBook Toronto self profile.
- October 5, 2009. Branta. Blog.
- March 5, 2009. Desk Space. Blog.
- June 2008. Q&A about “Live Bait.” Classroom questions.
- March 2008. 12 or 20 Questions with rob mclennan. Blog.
- January 2007. Conversations in the Book Trade. Blog.
- April 2005. On The Danforth. Centennial College Book & Magazine Publishing Program.
- August 17, 2001. CIUT Radio, Toronto.
- August 6, 2001. Canadian Content.
- February 2001. Writers’ Union of Canada newsletter.
- December 2000. Writers’ Union of Canada newsletter.
- Fall 2000. Another Toronto Quarterly.
- July 15, 2000. National Post.
- May 2000. Canadian Mennonite.
- Nov. 26, 1999. Imprint. University of Waterloo.
Reading at the TREE Reading Series (2009), Ottawa